The Local Options Sales Tax Scoop | Opinion

0

Based on a reader’s suggestion, this week’s edition is about Local Option Sales Tax (LOST), and a bit more specifically about how it works for us here at Carroll.

First implemented here by election in 2002, then re-approved by voters in 2018, the tax will continue without a sunset clause unless repealed. A 1% tax is charged on all qualifying sales and services throughout Carroll and Carroll County. For Carroll, LOST revenue is split as follows: 25% for property tax relief and the remaining 75% for capital improvement projects or any other lawful purpose determined by the city council, as set out in our Statement of income goal.

Share.

Comments are closed.